This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential specifically in Music Performance as well as satisfactory academic performance.
Specialist Scholarship - Music Performance
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential specifically in Music Performance as well as satisfactory academic performance. Students must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- New or existing students.
- Students of any year level (Grade 6 students commencing at the College in the following year may also apply).
- Students who are currently undertaking lessons learning one of the following instruments: flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, euphonium/baritone, tuba, guitar, bass guitar, drums and vocals. Students must also own their own instrument at time of application, as regular home practice is expected.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
The audition will be followed by an interview (accompanied by parent/guardian).
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated talent and skills in music.
- Demonstrated participation in a variety of music performances and/or ensembles within the school and/or community.
- Demonstrated ability to produce satisfactory academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers and teachers, and lead others.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a satisfactory standard of academic performance and exemplary personal behaviour. Students must also be fully committed to the Instrumental Music Program. They must continue lessons and ensemble participation for the duration of their time at Fountain Gate Secondary College, and adhere to the Terms and Conditions as stipulated in the Instrumental Music Lessons application. It is also expected that students will achieve satisfactory results in Year 7 and Year 8 Music, and enrol and achieve satisfactory results in Year 9 and Year 10 Music electives and VCE Music Performance Units 1 - 4. If a student does not meet these requirements then the scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked.
- Elective fees that relate directly to this speciality scholarship will be paid for by the College each year.
- Scholarship exclusions are: subject fees, excursion levies, school planner and textbook fees.
- The Instrumental Music Lesson fee will be paid for each year.
The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of three years and ends if the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
Mr. Tyson Barker
Instrumental Music Coordinator
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839