This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential specifically in Rugby Union as well as satisfactory academic performance.
Specialist Scholarship - Rugby
This scholarship is offered to students who demonstrate talent and potential specifically in Rugby Union as well as satisfactory academic performance. Students must demonstrate a high level of organisation, self-management, resilience and have the capacity to become leaders in the school community.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- New or existing students.
- Students entering year 9 or 10, 11.
- Not available to international full-fee paying students.
- Curriculum Vitae which includes all personal contact information.
- Written character reference from a teacher and sports coach or community leader.
- Must be currently playing Rugby Union (preferable) or Rugby League for a club outside of school.
- Students who have played Representative Rugby Union e.g. Junior Gold Cup, Rebels Under 15’s will be considered favourably. Considerations may also be made for Representative Rugby League players.
- Previous school reports which indicate exemplary behaviour and satisfactory academic performance.
- An interview (accompanied by parent/guardian).
- Written application (maximum three pages) which addresses the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated talent and skills in Rugby.
- Demonstrated ability to produce satisfactory academic results.
- Demonstrated exemplary behaviour and attitudes towards learning.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the school’s values of respect, honesty, responsibility and endeavour.
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with peers and teachers, and lead others.
The written application which includes all points mentioned in the above ‘application requirements’ section to be forwarded to Assistant Principal Mr.Paul Broecker at Fountain Gate Secondary College.
Students who receive this scholarship are expected to maintain a satisfactory standard of academic performance and exemplary personal behaviour. Students must also be fully committed to the Rugby Sevens Program, participating in all training and competitions. It is also expected that students will fulfil the requirements of the Sport & Recreation VET Certificate. If a student does not meet these requirements then a scholarship will be reviewed and may be revoked.
- Essential education items fee will be paid by the College each year.
- All elective and subject fees will be paid by the College each year.
- The rugby kit (uniform/equipment) will be paid for. The tenure of this scholarship is a maximum of three years and ends when the student is no longer enrolled at the College.
Mr. Jimmy Orange
Rugby Program Coordinator
Mr. Paul Broecker
Ph: (03) 8762 6839